Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mi adventura en el teleferiqo

Wow its been awhile, I will not bore you with details but I do have a good story about this past Sunday when I went on "el teleferio". So the "teleferiqo" (lift) up Pichincha (this mountain) which was something I have been hoping my host family would take me, and I got my wish but its true what they say, be careful of what you wish for. "El teleferico" was pretty cool, as a tourist I had to pay twice as much ($8.50) but the views were pretty cool, here are a couple:

Us getting on the lift, (L-R) my host bro Jonathan, cousins, me, and a friend.

Yup that's Quito behind me, so cool!

 As you can see everything was peachy, until we went down. I started to feel dizzy but after I had "te de coca" which is NOT drugs (used for altitude sickness) I felt better. Long story short, I started to feel bad once I got home, but instead of taking it easy I agreed to go to a friend's birthday party. It was fun, but I started to feel bad, and I had only eaten breakfast because every time my host mom offered me food I was not the least bit interested. However, I was a guest so I ate some "torta" (aka pastel or cake) and felt like I had just eaten a whole pig...well I felt a little home sick and skyping with my family back in the states didn't really help. All in all, I went to sleep feeling sick, missing my mom, dad, sister, and bro. but telling myself that "tomorrow will be a better day", and it was :) I am glad I went on the teleferico, but as my host mom's friend said, I should wait until my body gets used to the 2,800 meter (or about 9,186 ft) above sea level that we are in Quito BEFORE I decide to go another 1,500 meters (more or less) higher....lesson learned.





No comments:

Post a Comment